We will do this with SMS.to Zapier integration: https://zapier.com/apps/smsto/integrations
1. First, create an account on SMS.to, if you didn't create it yet
2. Create a Zapier account by going to https://zapier.com/
If you are already a Zapier user, you can simply use these ready zaps:
- Subject as sender ID: https://zapier.com/shared/ac0e638b736956b94690a5dd8567810c8bcc312c
- Custom sender ID: https://zapier.com/shared/74e9d56b34bb8937b5516cd8f24f26804da98862
3. Once the account is created and verified on Zapier, click on create a zap, select Trigger app as your email provider as here I'll use Gmail and Trigger Event, select New Email then click on the Continue button
Now you need to choose your email account from which you want to forward as SMS to your mobile number.
4. Now connect your email account by clicking on Sign in to Gmail (It can be other email providers instead of Gmail in your case), it will open a Popup window and ask for permission to access your emails, Allow it. Once Allowed, click on the Continue button.
5. Now you will see the Set up trigger, just click on the Continue button then click on
Test trigger button.
If everything is correct, It will show the last email you receive on your email address. Now click on the Continue button.
Now you need to set up the Action - An action is an event a Zap performs after it starts
6. In this step we will search SMS.to and choose the SMS.to app as shown on the screenshot below:
7. On Action Event choose Send Single SMS then click on the Continue button
8. In this step you need to connect SMS.to account, so click on the Sign in to SMS.to button.
9. Clicking on the Sign in to SMS.to button, will open Popup and ask for API Key which you can at https://sms.to/app#/api/client on you SMS.to account,
click on Message and choose which email content you want, if you want just the subject of the email, choose the subject if you want email content as well also select Body plain.
Please note, by default SMS.to supports a max of 930 characters which is 6 part SMS, so if your Email contains more than that, you need to contact SMS.to support to increase the SMS parts. 1 SMS part is 155 characters.
12. On the To field, use your mobile number in International format, e.g: +357984XXXXXXX
13. Sender ID: Choose an alphanumeric Sender ID without any special characters, you can use Hyphen though, Please note sender ID cannot contain more than 11 characters.
Then Click on Test & Continue button to go to the final step.
14. if everything has been set up correctly, you will get a message like the one below:
Now Click on The Turn on Zap.
Congratulations! from now whenever you get a new email, you will receive an SMS to your mobile number.