How to activate scheduling
When composing your campaign they will be sent immediately after submitting by default.
You can activate the schedule function via the later button:
The logic behind it is the following:
1) We suggest to set your account settings to the value that is valid for where you are based so everything will be shown in your actual timezone.
2) If above setting was made, it will always be used as a default value when triggering new campaigns, BUT:
3) You can - optionally - overwrite it for each scheduling.
- You are in Spain so you set the timezone to Spain.
- You send a campaign to Spain so you leave it unchanged and schedule the campaign for 11:00 AM Spain time
- You send another campaign to Japan and you want it to go out at 11:00 AM (Japan time), so in the schedule options you configure 11:00 AM and change the pre-filled Spain timezone to Japan's timezone.
Changes on scheduled campaign
When you schedule a campaign, the messages are first prepared in the background so they will be ready to go out at the scheduled time. While this preparation is in progress, you cannot edit the scheduled campaign. An indicator next to the campaign in the Campaign log will show you that the preparation is still ongoing. Please wait a bit and refresh the page until the edit/delete button will become available.
If the scheduled campaign is based on contacts, the values of the contact (e.g. first name, email address) will be used as they were at the exact time when you scheduled the campaign - not as they are on the send-time of the campaign.
Example: You schedule a campaign including a contact that has the name "Paul". After scheduling but before sending you change this name to "Peter". The campaign will still use "Paul" as the contact name. But every time you edit a scheduled campaign and save again, the new values will be used.
Exporting scheduled campaigns
Your campaign log shows all campaigns and allows filtering those.
Via the download icon, you can trigger the export of a campaign:
After the export is processed internally, you will receive and email with the link to download the export file. Furthermore, your downloads will be available on your SMSto account.
- Additional info regarding scheduled campaigns: How to convert UNIX Timestamp to Date in Excel
- Scheduling is also possible via our SMS API