An inbound - also called MO: mobile originated - message is a message that is sent from a mobile end device and received on SMS.to.
This feature applicable to our users who have rented a number. See also: How to receive incoming SMS from a rented number (2way).
In addition to using the messenger on our web platform, SMS.to will send you the callback to the provided endpoint for each message received on the rented number.
You can easily set up the endpoint by these simple steps:
- Navigate to your account settings.
- Click on the Webhook Management tab.
- Save the URL pointing to your endpoint in the Default Inbound Callback URL box. It should refer to the endpoint you've set up on your side for receiving inbound messages.
- Click on Save.
- From this point on, your account is ready to automatically receive inbound messages on your configured endpoint once they are received.
After you've configured the Inbound Callback URL, we will send you the requests that contain the inbound message using the POST Method as Form Encoded.
The request body will contain the following information:
"message": "Test for output",
Basic requirements for the endpoint configuration
To receive callbacks from us correctly, please make sure to:
- Return 200 HTTP Status code when processing of callbacks is done on your end.
- Reduce the processing time of callbacks to less than 4 seconds. We drop the connection after 4 seconds and retry sending after 1 hour.