Certain special characters (e.g. in the Greek language but also certain symbols) will require your SMS to be sent in Unicode text encoding. This will limit your character count per SMS (part) and can thereby increase your cost. We offer a Transcoding function, that will automatically transform certain Unicode characters to GSM characters to prevent a higher character count & cost.
1. To enable Transcoding, log-in to your SMS.to dashboard.
2. Under Account in the left side panel, click Settings.
3. In the first page, click the radio button under Transcoding is now disabled.
4. The radio button should look like below. This indicates that Transcoding is now enabled. Click the Save button for the changes.
5. Once done, you will receive a confirmation that the changes were saved.
If you encounter any error, please send us an email at email@example.com.